Skip to main content

I Tried the LCHF Diet and Here Is What Happened

I Tried the LCHF Diet and Here Is What Happened

I am sure you have all heard at one point or another of a low carb high fat diet, or as many call it, the LCHF diet. The basic concept is you limit your carb intake to at or around 20 carbs a day and intake more natural fats such as certain oils, fat from meats, and sweet, sweet butter (and who doesn’t like a diet that tells you to eat more butter?)

I decided to try it anyway

I thought this diet sounded like complete and utter nonsense. I mean, I could just picture some skinny infomercial lady with a too-big smile wearing a too-tight bikini telling me to go on this ‘miracle LCHF diet,’ saying how effortless it was and how she didn’t even need to work out and then proceeding to roll my eyes at her stupidity.
But I decided to try a low carb high fat diet anyway. This diet sounded like an unbelievable god sent miracle and at this point in my life I was willing to try anything that took less effort than a gym membership (because who am I kidding? I hate the gym and never go).

I was skeptical, at best…

I started out amazed at how easy it was to cut out all sugar, bread, starches, and just unhealthy items from my diet. I felt like a health freak, but at the same time I was still scarfing down all the food I wanted – not counting calories – and eating greasy, cheesy hamburgers at that (with no bun, but still).
I was skeptical, at best. But as the weeks went on, I felt my clothes become more loose. I couldn’t believe it. I was eating grease and butter and oils and I was losing weight? I weighed myself and behold, I had lost ten pounds in nearly two weeks. It was absolutely insane.

…but stayed faithful to my diet

As the weeks went on I stayed faithful to my diet, seeing the amazing results. I dropped two pant sizes in a couple months and couldn’t believe how good I looked and felt. Grant it, I did cheat on special occasions like birthdays and things, but even then I wouldn’t gain much back.
For some, it is harder to stay true to the diet, cutting out bread is a big deal for some people. But when you are not happy with what you see in the mirror day to day and hate yourself to the point where you can’t even stand to glance at a mirror when you are naked – yeah, I would say cutting out bread is not too bad to achieve some sort of happiness with the way you look and feel.

I can’t rave enough about the LCHF lifestyle

And you have probably heard this a million times before but, a low carb high fat diet actually works when you monitor your nutrient intake. I can’t rave enough about the LCHF lifestyle.
My sleep, my skin, my hair, my physique – all of it improved by this simple diet. This diet is the miracle it claims to be. And I did all of this without exercising, at all. Seriously, try it. It’s worth your money and your time and you will not even miss potatoes – or any other of the unhealthy food you usually shovel into your gut.
But, of course, with any diet, you should consult a doctor first. The LCHF diet has been known to lead to some health problems in some people, including potassium deficiency and other diseases. So be careful when starting this diet, as you should with any new health regime, and monitor your health closely.
The author is a contributor. The opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Womanitely.

 Source from http://www.womanitely.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Steven Tyler Collaborations You Must Know

The flamboyant frontman for Aerosmith, one of America’s most successful rock bands (having sold more than 66.5 million units), Steven Tyler, the self-proclaimed “Daemon of Screamin’,” is best known for his impressive vocal chops, bluesy harmonica skills, and being one half of the “Toxic Twins” alongside bandmate Joe Perry. Stepping away from Aerosmith here and there, he’s recorded with many other artists throughout the decades, producing some popular as well as some more obscure collaboration. Here are ten worth visiting. 10 Steven Tyler Collaborations You Must Know – 10. Keith Anderson feat. Steven Tyler – “Three Chord Country and American Rock & Roll” Featured on Anderson’s 2005 debut album of the same name, Tyler appears on a remix version of this song. It was intended for release as a single but never came to light. Steven can be heard mostly singing along with Keith, howling here and there, and shining mostly toward the song’s end when he whips out the trusty harmonica for a f...

Cruciferous Vegetables: How Food Affects Health

Cruciferous Vegetables: How Food Affects Health Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and brussels sprouts are filling and full of nutrients that help keep you healthy! But if you have IBS, you may want to watch how much of them you eat! Cruciferous vegetables are a group of vegetables that are rich in fiber, vitamin C, and folate. Some of the vegetables in this class are also good sources of calcium, beta-carotene, and vitamin B6. Fiber is an important nutrient for weight loss and maintenance because it keeps you feeling full and helps control your hunger. Fiber can also lower cholesterol and blood pressure , and help to temper blood sugars by slowing the absorption of carbohydrates into your bloodstream after meals. This lowers your risk of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes Antioxidants in cruciferous vegetables like vitamin C may reduce your risk of cataracts and macular degeneration. Vitamin C helps the body make collagen, too; collagen is a major component of c...

Nice Guys Win: Women Choose Altruism Over Looks

Forget the expression "nice guys finish last." A new study finds that men who are concerned for the well-being of others in place of themselves may have a better shot with women compared to men who are just good-looking. Researchers found that women reported men as being more attractive when the guys were paired with a scenario showing them doing something kind, generous or heroic, compared to men who were notable for their physical appeal. Altruism is the term for when someone acts in a way that is beneficial to others and not themselves. Scientists from the University of Worcester and the University of Sunderland, both in the United Kingdom, said they wanted to know if this trait has any impact on how women choose a partner. [5 Ways Relationships Are Good for Your Health] In the new study, the researchers analyzed what happened when two desirable characteristics, physical attractiveness and altruism, were investigated together, and whether women preferred one quality over t...